Monday, April 21, 2014

I Believe--part 1 (Reprise)

I Believe--part 1 (Reprise)
I believe that the more than 600 references to music in the Bible are given by inspiration of God and are profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction today.  The Bible provides us with timeless, relevant, usable, practical and spiritual guidance in the twenty-first century.  I believe that the only completely safe teacher of church music philosophy is the Holy Spirit, who is capable and willing to guide us into all truth concerning music ministry and music education in this century.

I believe that there are absolutes concerning music ministry.  I believe in profundity, appropriateness and standards of correctness in church music and music education.  I believe that Church Music Matters and that church music matters to God.  I believe that although there is room for taste in church music, it is not all a matter of personal taste.  I believe God created music, and he thought it into being.  I believe that since God thinks about music, we should study His Word to ascertain what He thinks about music.

I believe that good causes in music may be served.  I believe that even though we as Christians live in this present evil world, we are not of this present world.  I believe that in this century conservative Spirit-filled musicians can effect positive changes in church music and music education.  I believe that churches, Christian schools and Bible colleges who have a Chistocentric music philosophy can and should catechize the next generation of Christian Musicians.

No comments:

Post a Comment