Thursday, April 24, 2014

Holy Living Sacrifices Part 1

 Holy Living Sacrifices Part 1

Romans 12:1, “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.”

Those of you that know me best may think that Romans 12:1& 2 are the only verses in the Bible that I know.  Today I would like to discuss the word holy that was translated in this verse from the Greek word hagios (40) which means to be physically pure and morally blameless in the sight of God.  I am well aware that a Christian musician will probably never get so spiritual that he or she is above the possibility of being blamed by those with whom he or she works.  God must have wanted this word to be understood since He inspired the New Testament writers to include it in 219 verses in the New Testament.

As you are well aware, Christians disagree about what it means for a Christian musician to live a holy life. I am not credulous enough to believe that I am able to settle this discussion to all Christian musicians’ satisfaction in this blog post.  I can say with much assurance that it is a biblical imperative for all Christian musicians to become a living sacrifice that is physically pure and morally blameless in the sight of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment