Saturday, December 27, 2014

Prayer, Song, and Thought for the Day

Prayer for the Day
Thank you Lord for looking down on an eighty acre farm three miles east of Fort Scott, Kansas and seeing me as a lost soul worth leaving heaven, being born in a manger, suffering and dying for over two thousand years ago. I want to thank you for honoring me with a praying mother, and thank you for convicting me of the awfulness of my sin.  Thank You Lord for giving me mercy rather than justice.  Thank you for caring for a “nobody’ like me.  Thank you for making it possible for me to receive forgiveness of my sins and for purifying my heart.  These things I am praying in Your matchless name.  Amen.
Song for the DayO Holy Night” by John S. Dwight
Thought for the Day
God found a few magi who would follow Christ’s star and a few shepherds that would leave the Judean hills and immediately go to Bethlehem.  Can He trust you and me to seek after Christ right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment