Wednesday, December 17, 2014

In the Will of God at Christmas

In the Will of God at Christmas
Jeremiah 1:5 states, “Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.”
       Today is my firstborn daughter Deanna’s birthday.  At the time I am writing this devotional, she is thousands of miles away from us today.  She is a pastor’s wife in northern Ireland.  Before she was born God knew who she was and what He wanted her to be doing right now.  He sanctified or “set her apart’ and ordained her to be a minister’s wife who would minister to the nations.
       You may have loved ones who are ministering far, far from home today.  You and I need to constantly be reminded that God is awake.  Nothing slips up on Him.  There is no luck, happenstance and nothing startles God, because, in His awesome wisdom, He always knows what is best.
       I would rather have my children thousands of miles away from me serving God than to have them all around my table but out of the will of God for their lives.  With that in mind, we will celebrate the birth of God’s son Jesus Christ with joy and full confidence that He is working out his purpose in our lives.  My heavenly Father sent His only Son to Die.  I only sent my daughter to serve Jesus Christ.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment