Monday, December 15, 2014

Christmas Nightmare

 Christmas Nightmare
Twas a night in December when Christ returned to this earth.
And although twas near Christmas we weren’t thinking of His birth.
We were all worn out ‘cause things had been popping.
Our family was all preoccupied with ‘xmas shopping.
The children were all in bed that night.
My wife and I had just had a big fight.
When all of a sudden I heard Christ’s trumpet sound,
I ran to the front door with a big bound.
Although I had fully planed at the trumpeter to yell,
When I was surrounded with light to my knees I fell.
Christ took the book from the angel that night,
As He searched for my name there I gasped in fright.
I knew He’d not find it on those pages that night,
For in my heart there were things that were not made right.
I fell on my knees that fateful night,
But it was too late to make things right.
As I awoke from that nightmare there beside my wife,
I pinched myself hard to show proof of life.
Although all of the above was a nightmare last night,
It has caused me to make sure that my heart is right.
Although you now know that this whole poem is fake,
I hope it will cause you right choices to make.
GLW

 

.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment