Friday, August 16, 2013

"Taste of My Supper"



                                                        “Taste of My Supper”


St Luke 14:16,17,18a,24,  “Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many: And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for  all things are now ready.  And they all with one consent begun to make excuse… For I say unto you, That none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper.”
       This bible lesson that Jesus taught has a pleasant beginning but a sad ending.  In this parable taught by Jesus it is easy to visualize a great many people who have been called to a feast at God’s great table.  I have lived long enough to see young men and women who were called by God to serve Him.  They traveled on the College Bus with me for thousands of miles.  They feasted at the Lord’s table as they musiced unto God then but they have not continued to heed his call, follow His will, and feast at His table
       Galatians 5:7 asks the important question, “Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?”  Although God sent his servant to admonish you, while you were in Bible College, to use your musical talents for the Lord, someone or something has caused you to fail to continue to give your music talents back to God.  Nothing in this world is important enough to be worthy of causing you to stop musicing unto God.
     When I read this parable taught by Jesus, I am reminded that whatever it takes to keep my appointment at God’s supper is worth it.  I want to make sure that I keep oil in my spiritual lamp because I have been invited to taste of the God’s great” supper”. Over the years when I faced burnout, the only thing that would help was to find a place of prayer and pour out my troubles to the Lord.  Jesus always listened patiently and never accused me or made fun of me.  After the depression went away, most of the time I would come to the realization that I had been listening to the wrong voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment