Thursday, August 8, 2013

Christian Musicians are Called From Darkness to Light


              Christian Musicians are Called From Darkness to Light 

I Peter 2:9 states, “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye may shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.”
       Yesterday we marveled in the thought that we have been changed from dead stones to living stones by the mercies of Christ Jesus.  Today we are going to consider five, thoughts found in I peter 2:9.  First, we are a chosen generation; second a royal priesthood; third, a holy nation; fourth, a peculiar people; fifth, a people called from the darkness of sin unto the marvelous light of salvation. 
       It is a marvel to me that I have been called or chosen by God to music unto Him.  I often wonder why God has chosen me to be a part of His royal priesthood.  Why me?  I am small; I do not have perfect pitch or even excellent relative pitch.  I am not from an ecclesiastical background.  I was raised on an eighty acre farm in eastern Kansas. I was a nobody of nobody’s.  But, praise God he lifted me out of the deep miry clay of sin.  He has called me to show forth his praises by musicing unto His matchless and wonderful name.
       God has also made it possible for me, a Kansas farmer, to be a part of His holy nation.  He has also purified my heart by his great power.  Thank God that my savior Jesus Christ suffered without the gates to sanctify me as one of His people (see Hebrews 13:12).
        God has made me a part of his peculiar people.  The Greek word peripoiesis (4047) which was translated as “peculiar” means a purchased people.  I am peculiarly purchased in that Christ did not purchase me with money but through his own blood that he shed for my sins on the cross at Calvary.  I was such an awful sinner that my changed life shows forth the praises of God’s wonderful name.  He has called me from the awful darkness of my sinful life, into the wonderful light of his presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment