Sunday, October 26, 2014

Do You Feel Like Praising God?

Do You Feel Like Praising God?
            Psalm 96:1, “O sing unto the LORD a new song: sing unto the LORD, all the earth.  Sing unto the LORD, bless his name; shew forth his salvation from day to day.  Declare his glory among the heathen, his wonders among all people.  For the LORD is great, and greatly to be praised: he is to be feared above all gods.”  Psalm18:3, “I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies…vs. 6, “In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.”
            Are you catching on to the thought that I am emphasizing?  IF the past few days haven’t been the most joyful and stress free, try blessing the LORD by singing “new song” i.e. a song of praise unto Him. You are probably thinking that you do not feel like singing or praising God at this time.  I suggest that you do it anyway. What could it hurt?  Perhaps you will find that obeying God’s Word will be a help to your stressed condition. 
            You might even try telling someone who you work with who is not a Christian something God has done for you in the past.  Something such as “I thank God that he has given me a wonderful wife or I have been so blessed to grow up in such a wonderful family.”  Surely you can think of something good that the Lord has done for you.  As the little chorus I once heard says, “It’s amazing what praising can do.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment