Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Blessed While Splitting Wood

Blessed While Splitting Wood
            Psalm 71:18, “Now also when I am old and gray headed, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come.”  This morning I finished splitting wood that we will burn this winter.  When I was folding the big splitting beam down to transport the splitter, I praised God for the gas operated splitter, the wood which had all been given to me, and for the strength that God had given me to do this kind of work.
            I also thought about the Scripture in Psalm 37:25 that says, “I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.”  A few days ago I realized that I did not have enough wood to make it through the winter.  I breathed a short prayer to my heavenly Father and went on about my every day chores.  About two weeks ago the utility company started putting in some new electric poles on our street and wouldn’t you know it, they had to cut some trees to get the job done.  Hence, I received four loads of wood that need spitting.  I do not know about you, but I believe that my God cares about my wood supply for this winter. I am grey headed and am of an age that somewhat qualifies me as being old.  I received a blessing this morning when God brought these Scriptures to my remembrance. 
            You may not be grey headed and you may not need wood for this winter, but you do have needs and your heavenly Father cares about them.  No matter how big or small they are, I am convinced that as Philippians 4:19 promises that even though you may be overwhelmed right now, “… my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”

No comments:

Post a Comment