Saturday, October 11, 2014

A Friend Closer than a Brother

 A Friend Closer than a Brother
            Proverbs 18:24 states, “A man that hath friends must show himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.” Today is my brother Nathan’s birthday.  He is older than me.  He always fought my battles when I was a child.  He is the kind of brother that everyone would like to have. He has always been a dear friend to me. 
       Since I have such a wonderful friend in my brother, I have an enriched concept of how wonderful a friend Jesus Christ can be to me or to any Christian for that matter.  My brother Nathan has always been there for me throughout my life.  However, my Bible teaches me that Christ is a friend that will even stick closer than my brother Nathan.
       My brother Nathan is the kind of person that I like to introduce to others.  I often brag on him to my other friends and business acquaintances.  Again, my relationship with him helps me to trust Jesus to never leave me or forsake me. My elder brother Jesus Christ my Savior and sanctifier has been a friend that has stayed close to me ever since I came to know Him on July 22nd 1967.  Although my brother Nathan is worth bragging on every now and then, my Savior Jesus Christ is worth my continual praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment