Sunday, April 19, 2015

Thought, Song, and Prayer for the Day

Thought for the Day
1Peter 4:1-4, “Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.  For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries: Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you…”
Song for the Day Guard Your Heart by Steve Green
Prayer for the Day 
 Lord, “I count not myself to have apprehended”.  Please give me the wisdom to discern between music that is sacred and profane.  Do not let me get squeezed into the world’s mode of musicing. I am asking You heavenly Father to please help me to guard my heart and to guard the way I music unto You so that I may hear your voice and obey the checks of the Holy Spirit concerning how and what I music unto You.  this I pray in your name.  Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment