Friday, March 7, 2014

Prayer, Song, and Thought for the Day

Prayer for the Day   
Lord, look deeply into my heart and see if I am musicing unto You with a perfect heart that is without offense toward You.  Help me to heed Your command in Matthew 5:48, “Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.”  Lord, when you look into my heart, I want you to see a heart that is perfect toward You.  Lord cleanse my heart from any desire to “sound a trumpet’ so everyone will see and hear my musical offerings that are supposed to be given so that others will see you and get a glimpse of who you are. Help me to know how to music unto you in such a way that it is done “in secret” rather than for “show”.  These petitions I am praying in your holy and perfect name.  Amen.  
Song for the Day   Guard your Heart by Steve Green
Thought for the 
It doesn’t make much sense to spend time tuning your “harp” before you give God a musical offering if you do not spend time “tuning your heart”.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment