Tuesday, March 11, 2014

My Christian Music Education Credo

         My Christian Music Education Credo  

            I believe that the more than 600 references to music in the Bible are given by inspiration of God and are profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction today. The Bible provides us with timeless, relevant, usable, practical and spiritual guidance in the twenty-first century. Therefore, I believe that the principles of musicing set forth in the Bible are relevant for developing a music education philosophy and praxis in the twenty first century. I believe that the only completely safe teacher of Christian music education philosophy is the Holy Spirit who is capable and willing to guide us into all truth concerning music ministry and music education in this century.  
             I believe that there are absolutes concerning music education in the Christian organizational ministry.  I believe in prescriptive music education philosophy that is built on Bible principles of musicing, profundity, appropriateness and standards of correctness.  I believe that there is room for taste in the use of music in the context of music education, but that this use of music is not all a matter of personal taste since it must be guided by Bible principles of musicing.  I believe God created music, and that He thought it into being.  I believe that since God thinks about music, we should study Gods Word to ascertain what He thinks about music.    
            I believe that the Old Testament teaches that it is the responsibility of Christians to educate their own musically.  I believe that good causes in Christian music education may be served.  I believe that even though we as Christians live in this present evil world, we are not of this present world system. Therefore; a philosophy of Christian music education should be different from a secular, humanistic philosophy of music education.  I believe that a Christian music educator’s music philosophy matters to God.  I believe that although there is much evil in this century, conservative Spirit-filled musicians can effect changes in Christian music education that will have a positive influence on music in this century.  I believe that along with the home, churches, Christian schools, and Bible colleges who have a Chistocentric music philosophy can and should catechize the next generation of Christian Musicians.

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment