Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Prayer, Song, and Thought for the Day

Prayer for the Day
Oh thou kind and merciful God who deserves all praise and all glory, forgive me for taking any praise for musicing unto Your wonderful and mighty name.  “Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for thy mercy, and for thy truth's sake.” Thank you for giving me the ability to music unto Your great name.  I know that you have given me the ability to sing and you have given me the air that passes through the vocal folds to produce the sound that is necessary to praise You.  I owe you everything that makes musicing unto You possible.  So Lord, if I know my heart at this very moment I do not want any of the praise any of the time that I music unto You.  If any audience expresses any praise to me, I now give it all back to You.  These things I humbly pray in Your worthy name.  Amen.
Song for the Day  My tribute  by Andrae Crouch  
Thought for the Day
If God is going to receive the praise when we music unto Him, we are going to have to music in such a way that the audience will give God the praise instead of us as performers.

No comments:

Post a Comment