Friday, December 4, 2015

Wrapped in Strips of Cloth

Wrapped in Strips of Cloth
Luke 2:7, “And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.”
            I am a bit sad when think that all Mary had to wrap Jesus in when He was born was strips of Cloth.  I remember that we were given beautiful things for our daughter Deanna to wear when she was born in St. Luke’s Hospital in Kansas City Missouri.  She looked so beautiful when we took her home! 
            What would we have done if that hospital had refused to let my wife be admitted that winter night in December?  We were treated royally, but my Savior who was born in David's Royal City was probably born in a dirty cave where animals were kept and was placed in a carved out place in the wall of the cave where they fed the animals.  I am also sad that so many people are still refusing to let Jesus in during this Advent season.  Oh, how wonderful it would be if they would say, “There is room in my heart Lord Jesus, there is room in my heart for You”.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment