Sunday, December 20, 2015

The Angels Praised God

The Angels Praised God

Luke 2:13-14, “And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.” 
            The Greek word lego (3004) is translated “saying” in the AV.  I like to think that the angels sang the glad tidings that evening.  I do not have any proof for my notion but I still like the idea anyway.  I do not look to have peace on the earth during advent this year, but I will have peace in my heart and that is what matters. 
            There is another part of this Scripture we should follow this Christmas season.  Verse fourteen says “good will toward men.”  Christian musicians need to check up on their attitudes during advent this year.  Ask yourself, “do I have good will toward all men?”  Advent has historically been a time of preparation for Christ’s second coming as well as a time of looking forward to Christmas.  Certainly, I do not want to go through the advent with a lack of good will toward others.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment