Monday, December 21, 2015

I Have Access to God’s Grace

I Have Access to God’s Grace

            Matthew 1:21, “And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.” 
            Today is the 21st of December.  Think of what Mary and Joseph thought when he realized that “she was found with child of the Holy Ghost” (Matthew 1:18”) and that… “he shall save his people from their sins.” (vs.21)  I am sure that Joseph’s mind was in a whirl as he contemplated Christ’s birth. I am glad that both Mary and Joseph were both willing to obey God. 
            Because of their obedience they were able to be used in The Father’s great plan of salvation.  I am so thankful for a perfect covenant that made it possible for my sins to be forgiven.  Why wouldn’t I be happy during this Christmas season?  “Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.” (Romans 5:1-2)  So, I will be rejoicing in the “the glory of God” because of the fact that by faith I have access to God’s saving grace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment