Thursday, December 3, 2015

Forgiving Others

Forgiving Others
St. John 1:14, “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”
            Surely Jesus was full of Grace and forgiveness because, if we had received what we deserved, it would have never been grace and forgiveness.  Isaiah 40:2 states, “Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD'S hand double for all her sins”.  I am sure that I deserved to receive double punishment for my sins.  I do not like to talk about my former sinful acts.  They were many and they were most grievous
            We are reminded in Ephesians 4:32, “And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.”  I want to be sure to be kind to someone that may not merit my kindness.  As I remember that Romans 6:23 declares emphatically, “… the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”  Maybe I should start by being sure that I have forgiven one of my former renters who left owing me several month’s rent.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment