Friday, December 25, 2015

What Christmas Day Means to Me


What Christmas Day Means to Me
Isaiah 9, “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”
          Today is December 25th and it is the very exciting day that many have been looking forward to celebrating.  Today is the day that we celebrate the coming of our savior who is: Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and the Prince of Peace.  I have been contemplating just what all these names of God mean and also what the coming of our Savior on this Christmas day means to me.  Certainly it reminds me of the old, old story of Christ’s birth in Bethlehem over 2,000 years ago.  Our children are all grown now and have their own homes and live very busy productive lives.  Our house is normally almost empty on Christmas.  My wife and I normally get up and eat our usual breakfast without any special fanfare. 
            However, Christmas is not about our empty nest on Christmas day.  It is about CHRIST!  I do not know what will happen or not happen today, but I do know what this day means to me.  It means that my Savior Jesus Christ left the portals of Heaven to come to this sin-cursed world.  Christmas means that provision was made for this Kansas farmer to have spiritual life.  I not only have spiritual life but this life in Christ can and is an abundant life!  So, today I am going to think only happy thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment