Thursday, December 24, 2015

God’s only Son Came to Earth


God’s only Son Came to Earth
Luke 2:6-7, “And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.  And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.”
            Today in December 24th and this night will be filled with expectancy of Christ’s birth over 2,000 years ago on this wonderful night.  (The big boys and the big thinkers are not sure when He came.  If you will allow my imagination to  run wild, I would like to think that that Christ was born this night—sometime after midnight in Bethlehem.)
            My firstborn daughter is thousands of miles away from our home in Cincinnati Ohio on this Christmas Eve.  That’s no big deal you see because God’s only Son was far away on that night many, many years ago.  (The big boys say that He wasn’t far away because He is Omni-present.) I do not know about all of that, but I do know that St. John 1:14 tells us, “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”(KJV)  I want to thank God and my Savior Jesus Christ, who was obedient to the will of the Father, for Christ coming to this Earth to redeem sinful men like me!  I also want to thank my daughter for being obedient to follow God’s plan for life that took her thousands of miles away to minister to others.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks dad! Love you! Happy Christmas ! Wish We could be home with you guys!

    ReplyDelete