Sunday, November 24, 2013

Peace with God

Peace with God     
Romans 3B-4 states, “…we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulations worketh patience; And patience experience; and experience hope…”  
       When things aren’t going well musicians often quote “tribulation worketh patience”.  However, I have never heard a Christian musician say, “I glory in tribulation”.  I know that I am not thrilled when I go through trials.  Neither do I pray for patience knowing full well that such a prayer might bring about even greater problems in my life! 
      I believe that the point that St. Paul was making was not that we should ask for tribulation, but that the Christian has peace with God through Jesus Christ our Lord when he or she is surrounded with trouble.  The Christian musician is able to see “good” in whatever situation he or she is facing.  It is not always possible to see “good” in a situation while you are going through a trial, but a Christian knows that “…all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:28). 
       As a Christian we go through times of trouble, and when we do, it is important to remember that God cares about our everyday lives.  Knowing this, we can have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ no matter what type of tribulation we face.  This peace gives us a lively hope in god as we learn patience, gain experience, and greater hope in Jesus Christ our lord. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment