Saturday, November 2, 2013

God Hears Us


 God Hears Us
Psalm 5:2 &3 states, “Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King (Melek 4428), and my God (Elohiym 430): for unto thee will I pray. ”My voice shalt thou hear in the morning O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and I will look up.”  
       This Psalm of David, addressed to the Chief Musician, was written to Jehovah.  The Psalm opens by David petitioning God to hear the word of his prayer and furthermore for Jehovah to consider the psalmist’s meditation or musing.  He recognizes who God is as he calls Him “Melek Elohiym” i.e. King and Supreme God. 
       When a musician earnestly petitions God he or she must believe that He is the supreme and only God and King.  However if the answer does not come quickly, this musician must approach prayer like David did on this occasion.  David looked up to God and determined that the LORD would hear his voice every morning, and that his petition would be directed to the one who could answer his prayer.  So, look up musician, the fact that your prayer has not been answered yet does not mean that it will not be answered.  God answers prayer, and He will answer your prayers if you pray and look up to Him in faith.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment