Thursday, August 23, 2018

Christ Brought Us True Truth


Christ Brought Us True Truth

St. John 1:17, For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

          After reading this verse, I just want thank and praise our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for grace and truth.  If Christ had not come to this earth, took on the form of man and man, been completely obedient to the will of the Father, lived, ministered unselfishly, suffered , died on a cruel cross, rose again victorious over death, hell and the grave, we would still be sacrificing the blood of bulls and goats for the remission of our sins.  Hallelujah! What a Savior is our Lord Jesus Christ!  I just want to stop right now and worship Him for who He is, for what He has Done, and for what He is still doing for all of us who are living on this earth. 

            I have been thinking about the word charis (5485) that was translated grace in the AV.  Now we know that charis can mean graciousness, but I don’t believe that is what is meant here.  I believe that it is referring to the divine influence upon the heart of the believer.  Because of this complete change in the heart of the believer we refer to that person as being “born again”.  If you could have experience who I was and how I acted before I wept, confessed my sins with much godly sorrow, you wouldn’t have any trouble believing that I am truly born again.  I am ashamed of it but I was an awful, sinful person who was full of bitterness when Jesus found me.  So, you will just have to excuse me while “My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad (Psalm 34:2).  Wow!  He changed me completely!  Hallelujah!

            I am thankful that Christ brought to us not only grace but also truth.  Truth was translated from the word aletheia (225) which means of variety.  That is why we call it true truth.  Christ was saturated with truth for us.  I am so thankful that I was not deceived by some false perceived “truth” that has developed into one of the false religions that have deceived so many people.  So, today I am praising God for bringing to us both grace and truth.  I have been audiating these words, “What a wonderful change in my life has been wrought since Jesus came into my heart; I have light in my soul for which long I have sought, since Jesus came into my heart.”

Song for the Day Since Jesus Came Into My Heart by Rufus H. McDaniel

Thought for the Day

Think about where you might be right now, and what a mess your life would doubtlessly be in if you had not believed the true truth of the gospel and if you had not experienced the divine influence upon the heart.  No matter how depressed you may be at this moment, the reality of this truth should bring you joy and should cause you to smile (at least out of one side of your mouth).


No comments:

Post a Comment