Thursday, September 19, 2013

God is the Musician's Protection


                                                      God is the Musician's Source of Protection                           

 
Psalm 32:7 Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah             

       The psalmist David recognizes that Jehovah the self-existent, eternal God who is, was his source of protection.  He referred to Jehovah as his “hiding place”.  The Hebrew word cether (5643) means a covering.  Furthermore the psalmist recognized God as his “preserver” or natsar (5341) i.e. one who guards, protects or keeps.  How does Jehovah keep us from trouble or in the time of trouble?  David declares under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit that “thou shalt compass (surround) me about with songs of deliverance”. 
        Christian musicians often believe that “we are what we eat”, but they less often understand that we are “what we think”.  Christian musician, what kind of songs have you placed in your mind?  In the time of trouble God’s Word declares that the Lord will surround you with “songs of deliverance”.  That is—He will if you know any songs of deliverance.
Prayer: Lord please help me to fill my mind with songs that bring honor to you.  Help me to fill my mind with the logos Christos so that you many use these in order to deliver me in the time of trouble. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment