Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Every Day is Thanksgiving Day


 

                                                     Every Day is Thanksgiving Day 
       I Timothy 6:6-8 states, “But godliness with contentment is great gain.  For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.  And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.”
       Yesterday I dug potatoes from my little garden.  As I got on my knees to dig them out of the ground, I soon realized that these were some of the biggest and best potatoes that I have ever raised.  As I knelt there, I became very thankful to God for his material blessings.  I was reminded of how wonderful God’s world really is.  My wife and I planted the seed potatoes in early spring in faith that they would sprout, grow, and produce potatoes.  I tilled the short rows of potatoes diligently, sometimes every day until the weeds were under control and the ground was prepared for the potatoes to grow properly.
       As I dug the potatoes I was reminded that God had forgiven all of all of my sins, and had planted me beside rivulets of His living water and had dug around this new Christian every day. I was reminded of just how much care my heavenly father had taken with me so that I could be established spiritually.  I am very thankful for the vegetables that God has allowed me to grow in our little garden.  I am thankful for the faith of seed time and the sight of the harvest.  The tiny harvest that God has allowed me to receive from our vegetable garden has made me very thankful.  It has reminded me that I should be thankful every day for all God has provided for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment