Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Righteous Musician will Flourish

                                                      The Righteous Musician will Flourish


Psalm 92:12-15 states, “The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.  Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God.  They shall bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing.”
       I was sixty-four years old at the time I wrote this little devotional.  Over the years as I read this psalm it never occurred to me the great impact that this Scripture would have on me as I read it again while waiting for my flight in JFK Airport.  I am retired, and life has changed dramatically.  Satan tells me at least once every day that the useful part of my life is over.  He taunts me with the thought that “you’ve about had it.”
       On the authority of God’s word I have just been reminded (about &:00 pm) here at gate twenty-two in terminal two, that I can still bear fruit for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  God has promised that if I will stay “planted in the house of the Lord” who is the self existent, eternal God, that I can and will bear fruit in my retirement years.  Perhaps this devotional is just for me, or perhaps there is someone else out there who is either retired or near retirement years that needs to be reminded that in “old age”, whatever that means, you can and will remain fruitful.  Don’t ever quit ministering to others.  I do not plan to ever quit, because He has promised to make me fat and flourishing in my retirement years.

No comments:

Post a Comment