Monday, May 6, 2013

A Song of Praise


                                       A song of Praise (Jan 23)

       Revelation 5:9 states, “And they sung a new song saying, thou art worthy to take the book, and open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation.”  Where do I begin to discuss such a wonderful Scripture?  One could write a dissertation on this great truth.  It is no wonder they sang “new song” which was praise unto God on this occasion. When I read this passage my heart cries out “worthy is the Lamb of God”.  Only the Lamb of God is worthy to open the Book of Life and break its seals!  He is worthy because he redeemed every Christian musician by His blood.
       No one else was or is or will be worthy to open the book because no one else suffered, shed his blood and died for every musician’s sins.  Jesus is worthy to receive our loudest praise because of what He has done for us.  Every person out of every kindred, tongue and nation who have confessed their sins and believed on the Lord Jesus Christ has the right to praise and extol the blessed trinity for the reality of salvation.
       No wonder we are commanded to praise our Savior by singing unto Him.  Since He is worthy of our highest praise, we should not take our musicing unto Him lightly.  As a matter of fact why don’t you make your boast in the Lord throughout this entire day?  It is fitting and proper for you to lavish praise on your Savior every day.  You have probably been told that a musician should never boast.  I am telling you that it is a wonderful thing for you to boast if you’re boasting is about our wonderful Savior Jesus Christ.
       I am sitting in the Atlanta airport at gate thirty one in Terminal A.  People are staring at my open Bible on my lap as I muse and write on this wonderful Bible verse.  Let them stare at me as though I am a freak.  I am about to get happy right here in the airport because my God is worthy to be praised.  He is my savior and my soon coming king. 

No comments:

Post a Comment