Sunday, May 26, 2013

The LORD Will Work for Us

 The Lord Will Work for Us


       I Samuel 14:6 states, “And Jonathan said to the young man that bare his armour, Come, and let us go over unto the garrison of these uncircumcised: it may be that the Lord will work for us: for there is no restraint to the LORD to save by many or by few.”
       Israel’s was faced by three raiding parties from the garrison of Philistines.  The Israelites were without swords or spears.  They only had plowshares, mattocks, axes, sickles, and forks.  Most of the instruments they had were not adequate battle weapons.  What they had to do the job was not adequate but that did not matter to God.
       I remember when I made an inventory of musical instruments at one Bible College where I taught, I didn’t have most of the necessary band and orchestra instruments necessary to do the job.  However, God helped me to purchase these instruments at pawn shops, garage sales, and various other unlikely places around the city.  What we didn’t have was overwhelming, but our lack of musical instruments didn’t overwhelm God.  Our lack of musical instruments gave my heavenly Father the opportunity to show me His great power.  I was given the opportunity to see “the LORD work for us”. 
       You may be overwhelmed at the lack of necessary things you need for your musical ministry.  Let me encourage you to call on the LORD and trust Him to supply your every need.  He will work for you, because as Jonathan told the young man that carried his armor, “there is no restraint to the LOORD to save by many or few”.
       Read the rest of I Samuel chapter fourteen and it will strengthen your faith in god.  I have seen God provide when we simply did not have the financial means to get what we needed to get the job done.  Since my heavenly Father is not a respecter of persons, he will also provide for your ministry needs.  Ask Him!  Trust Him!  Stand still and see His glorious work on your behalf.  Never forget that He cares about your musical ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment