Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Called to music unto God


                                                     Called to Music unto God

I Corinthians 7:20 states,”Let every man abide in the calling wherin he is called.”  We are all called to be servants of Christ.   God has a place in his kingdom for all of us to do service unto him.  In this scripture verse the apostle Paul warns the Corinthian Christians not to be servants of man but rather servants of God. 
       I am writing these few devotional thoughts today to musicians who are called to music unto God.  Probably no one has come to you today to encourage you to keep ministering unto the Lord by musicing unto him.  Probably no one will come by today to pat you on the back for your faithfulness to god in leading others in music worship.  It is my prayer that the very God of Peace will use this little devotional to encourage you to keep on musicing unto Him and to keep leading others in musical worship.
       King Davis, the sweet psalmist of Israel, had it figured out.  He encouraged himself in the Lord (I Samuel 30:6).  That is exactly what you may have to do if you are out there in “Smirgly Junction” where there is absolutely no one to encourage you to keep going! 
       Get down on your knees and thank God that He has made it possible for you to be HIS musical servant.  Remember, the Corinthian writer reminded all Christians to abide (meno-3306-to stay in a given place) in their calling.  So, what this word means is you need to stick it out right where God has placed you to music unto him.
       Thank God for the giving you the opportunity to lead others in musical worship.  Thank Him for giving you the musical gifts and graces to be a musical leader.  You must do whatever it takes for you to keep encouraged and to stay at your musical post.  I know what I am talking about.  I stayed at one musical ministry position for thirty four years.  I experienced many times of burnout but somehow God Gave me the strength to keep going.  Believe me when I tell you that sometimes I had to take King David’s example to heart and encourage my self in the Lord—you will too if you remain at your musical post very long!

No comments:

Post a Comment