Friday, September 30, 2016

The Song of Saints—part 2


The Song of Saints—part 2

            Christians should take account of the second command in Psalm 149:1, “Sing unto the LORD a new song”  I will not go deeply into Old and New Testament  meaning of chadash (2319) and kainos (2537)  but may it suffice to assert that “new song” as used in the Bible connotes more than something new in relationship to time.  It means a song of a new or renovated character.  It is a song of a higher character than the song of the old man and his or her old life.

            The new song mentioned in Psalm 194:1 is a song that praises God rather than man.  It is a song about the new life that YHVH gives to those who love and serve Him.  In Psalm149:1 it is the song of saints (chaciyd 2623). I is the song of the upright, godly, good and holy me and women.  In Revelation 5: 8&9 it is the song of saints (hagios 40).  In other words, this new song is the musical offering of the pure or morally blameless.  With these understandings of new song, we can understand why the AV translators used the word saints in both the Old and New Testaments.  from the time of the ancient Levite musicians, God has used men who were righteous as we learn in Malachi 3:3, “And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.”

Song for the Day--Glorify Thy Name by  Donna Adkins

Prayer for the Day

Father, I love You, I worship and adore You.  I am thanking You for Your grace that has made me one of Your dear children.  I am praying that You will help me to music into You and unto your saints.  Please help me to so live that I may be able to offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.  Please help me to guard my heart so that I may sincerely offer you musical offerings that You will accept.  This I am asking in Your powerful name.  Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment