Sunday, September 4, 2016

The Promise of the “Spirit of Truth” part 3


The Promise of the “Spirit of Truth” part 3   

             Another fact worth mentioning is that in St. John 16:7 Christ explained “…It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter (parakletos 3875)  will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.”  In order to complete the Father’s perfect plan for man’s redemption and spiritual care and guidance, Christ needed to return to His Father’s side where He could perform His office as our divine advocate (parakletos 3875) with the Father.  Notice that in 1 John 2:1 Jesus said “My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate (parakletos) with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous”.  However, in St. John 16 Jesus promised in to send another parakletos-the blessed Holy Spirit- to be our Comforter while we are on this Christian journey in this life.

            I have taken these three days to encourage Christian musicians that God has made more than ample provision for our spiritual welfare and guidance.  The Holy Spirit is with us and in us as our guardian and guide.   Romans 8:26-27 explains that, “Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession (huperentugchano 5241) for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.  And he [God] that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.”

             Every Christian musician needs to remember that God the Father cares about our infirmities i.e. our moral and or physical weaknesses.  Also, God the Holy Spirit is pleading our cause in the glory world with unspeakable grief and groaning at this very moment. Hebrews 4:15 declares “For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling (sumpatheo 4834) of our infirmities (astheneia 769); but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.”  Although Crist never sinned, he cares about us and has compassion and symphathy for us in our morally frail condition. 

Prayer or the Day 

I am so thankful Lord that You have made provision for my spiritual welfare.  Sometimes I forget that You know when I am going to need Your help—even before I need it.  Thank you for impressing me to pray for safety or your help before the trouble comes.  Thank you for caring about both the big and little needs in my life.  Thank You for loving me so much!  This I am praying this morning.  Amen. 

Song for the Day “My Savior’s Love” by Charles H. Gabriel   

Thought for the Day

Christian musicians must remember that that although Jesus is our advocate with the Father, Christ will not intercede for us when we willfully transgress God’s law.


No comments:

Post a Comment