Friday, September 2, 2016

The Promise of the “Spirit of Truth” part 1


The Promise of the “Spirit of Truth” part 1

                St. John 15:26  gives Christian musicians a wonderful promise from Jesus, “But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:” Before Jesus was crucified, rose again and ascended into heaven, He gave Christians who were living at that time and all of us who were to come to know Him as their personal Savior trough out the ages to come the promise that He would send from the Father the blessed Holy Spirit to be with all Christians.  There are many implications from his loving act of our Savior Jesus Christ.  On is that God loves us so much that as Jesus said in St. John 14:18  “I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.”
            Notice what our Savior explained in St. John 14:15-17 “If ye love me, keep my commandments.  And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.”  This is a wonderful promise for Christian musicians who love God and keep God’s commandments.  Tomorrow we will consider more about the Spirit of Truth. 

Prayer for the Day

Precious Lord, I want to thank you for asking the father to send me a guide and comforter.  Thank You for making it possible for me to receive the Holy spirit into my life.  I also want to thank You for making it possible for me to truly have Your love shed abroad in my heat so that I am able to keep your commandments.  I want to praise you this morning for adopting me as Your son.  I am praising you because you ore worthy of all praise.  Amen.  

Chorus for the Day I Will Serve Thee” by William Gaither

Quote for the Day “We need to bring the lowest level of our living up to the level of our light”. H.E.Schmul


No comments:

Post a Comment