Thursday, September 22, 2016

Contented Christian Musicians


Contented Christian Musicians
            1Timothy 6:6 “But godliness with contentment is great gain.  For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.”  Every Christian musician must remember that godliness is essential to being a Christian.  However, being godly does not insure that a Christian musician will be content.  Paul is here instructing Timothy that Christians who are not content are impoverished.  The apostle purports that “great gain” is accomplished by being godly and by being contented.
            Hebrews 13:5 also instructs Christian to, “Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.”  This Scripture very plainly teaches Christians to not be covetous and to be content.  Aphilarguros (866) connotes not being greedy.  So, are there Christian musicians who are greedy?  Evidently there are Christians who struggle with greed.  So the writer of the Hebrew letter instructs Christians to “be content with such things as ye have”.  He further reminds Christian musicians that God has promised, “I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.”  Take time today and read Deuteronomy 31:6, 8; Joshua 1:5, 1Chronicles 28:20; Psalm 37:25; and Matthew 6:25, 34.  
Song for the Day He Keeps Me Singing by Luther B. Bridgers 
Thought for Today
Today’s devotional Scriptures teach that contentment is an act of a Christian’s will. 
Prayer for the Day
Our heavenly Father You are truly my Father.  Thank You that You have promised that You will never leave me or forsake me.  So, help me to be content with what You have given me.  Help me to purpose to be happy and content and to not be greedy.  Help me to be a godly man who understands what “great gain” really is.  These things I am asking in Your name.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment