Sunday, May 3, 2015

A Fresh Vision of God-part 1

A Fresh Vision of God-part 1
            Ezekiel 1:1gives an account of his vision of the glory of God, ”Now it came to pass in the thirtieth year, in the fourth month, and the fifth day of the month, as I was among the captives by the river Chebar that the heavens were opened, and I saw visions of God.” Later in verse 28b of that chapter he records, “...this was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD.  And when I saw it, I fell on my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake.”
            If worship leaders could see a fresh vision of the Lord high and lifted up, they will be more careful of how they sing and play in God’s presence.  They will no longer be intimidated into believing “This is what the people will accept, therefore, I must to sing or play in this manner.”  Ministers of music who have seen a fresh vision of the Lord spend their lives as Ephesians 5:10 says, “Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.”  They get rid of the attitude “prove to me that this is wrong.” They are no longer consumed with the desire to get as close to the musical styles of this godless generation as they can, but instead as Ephesians 5:11 states, they will “...have no fellowship with unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment