Thursday, March 12, 2015

Lead or Be Led

Lead or Be Led
            Psalm 59:2 states, “Deliver me from the workers of iniquity, and save me from bloody men.  For, lo, they lie in wait for my soul: the mighty are gathered against me; not for my transgression, nor for my sin, O LORD.”  Although we do not like to dwell on anything negative the world is not, and has never been, a friend of grace.  Every Christian musician must be aware that he or she will either be a leader or they will by default become the victim of some other leadership.  
            My wife and I were walking the other day at Northgate Mall and a lady started walking with us.  After some small talk my wife immediately began to thank the Lord for His goodness to us.  The lady said that she had been raised a Baptist but she was now a “pagan”.  I think she was without doubt mixed up on her terminology but I was impressed that my wife did not let her dominate the conversation when it came to spiritual matters.
             A Christian has the choice to make of either letting non-Christians control the conversation or to lead by proclaiming the name of Jesus even when it is not popular to take a stand.  If a Christian continually keeps silent when the name of God is reviled or made light of, that Christians faith becomes damaged.  So, stand up for Jesus, and Satan will have to withdraw and Jesus your advocate will stand up for you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment