Saturday, April 29, 2017

Brunch with Jesus—part 5


Brunch with Jesus—part 5

            Jesus directly connected loving Him with feeding His lambs, pastoring His mature sheep and having something to feed all of them.  Remember, He ask, “Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these?”  What Christ was saying was if you love Me you will serve others.  He was not merely asking Simon Peter to say that he loved Jesus  (i.e. sing His praises), but he was saying if you love me you will minister to those that are under your influence.  Although God inhabits praise, Jesus is calling us to Christians to put our words into action.

            The Bible lesson to Christian musicians is clear. Do not only sing my praises but also demonstrate that you love Me by having spiritual fish and bread in your musicing to feed My lambs and My sheep and also pastor them by serving them. A faithful minister of music must saturate his or her music ministry with God’s Word because as Hebrews 4:12 reminds us, “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”  Brunch with Jesus consists of much more than feasting and praising.  It is not only a time when we say “Yes Lord You know that I love You”.  It is a time when we affirm  that we will serve others.  I believe that worship is a time when Jesus is saying, as He inspired St. Paul to write in Romans 12:1, “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.”    

Thought for the Day

If a musician is going to really take care of the needs of Christ’s lambs and sheep, that musician must first present his or her body to Christ as a living sacrifice.

Song for the Day Gentle Shepherd by Gloria & William Gaither   

Prayer for the Day

I am asking You who are the “Lord of the sheep” to prepare my heart and mind to music unto you as I feed Your lambs and sheep.  After musicing for most of my life, I must ask like Solomon of old, “Give me now wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people…”  I need your wisdom every time I step before an audience because I represent You Lord.  I do not understand why You have chosen musicians like me to music for you but I know that in your wisdom You have chosen me to be one of your musical shepherds.  I Thank You Lord for giving me the awesome opportunity to feed your sheep and Lambs.  Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment