Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Brunch with Jesus—part 1


Brunch with Jesus—part 1

            John 21:9 explains what the disciples saw when they came to the shore after fishing all night   “As soon then as they were come to land, they saw a fire of coals there, and fish laid thereon, and bread.”  Joh 21:12 gives the account of Jesus’ invitation to them to have brunch with Him.  “Jesus saith unto them, Come and dine. And none of the disciples durst ask him, Who art thou? knowing that it was the Lord.”  
            John 21:13 gives the wonderful account of the disciples having a potluck brunch with Jesus.   “Jesus then cometh, and taketh bread, and giveth them, and fish likewise.”  Many Christian musicians like to refer to Sunday morning worship as a worship feast with Jesus.  Do you desire to have Sunday brunch with Jesus?  Do you desire that your musicing to be a time of receiving spiritual food for your soul and the souls of the congregation?

            In John 6:35by and 6:48 Jesus said, “I am the bread of life.”  From this declaration made by Jesus we can understand the significance of Jesus offering his disciples bread at this brunch.  Notice that brunch with Jesus provides bread that sustains spiritual life.  It also provides fish.  Unlike the fledgling milk fed Christians mentioned in 1Corinthians 3:2, “I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.” The disciples were given meat.  Brunch with Jesus provides meat that will sustain maturing Christians.  

Thought for the Day

Many Christian musicians say that they desire to have bunch with Jesus, but they do not understand that Jesus gets down to business with those who dine with him.  If you have brunch with Jesus, you will be fed by Him, but you will also come face to face with the call to Christian service.  Do you still want to brunch with Him? 

Song for the Day Come and Dine by Charles B. Widmeyer 

Prayer for the Day

I want to thank You Lord that you desire to have fellowship with people like me.  Thank you for having your great table spread with spiritual food for my soul.  Please help me to have the good sense to come to your table and to partake of the spiritual bread and fish that you have prepared for me.  If I know my heart, I really desire to partake of Your table.  Please feed my soul as I give you an offering of praise.  This I am asking in your in your wonderful and sufficient name.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment