Thursday, November 27, 2014

Today I am Thankful


Today I am Thankful
            Colossians 3:15 admonishes Christians, “And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.”  Today is Thanksgiving Day in the United States of America.  I am well aware that there are at this time there are those of you who live in the other 96 countries who read this blog that do not celebrate this day as a special Religious holiday.  I thought about it and decided that you might like a day off from my Congruency series and that it was perfectly ok for you all to be thankful all day long today.  In this post postmodern secularized generation, I am thankful for a day that has been set aside to thank God for his bountiful blessings that he has so freely bestowed on all of us!  
            If we are going to respond biblically, we all need to let God’s peace permeate our hearts on this day.  We are the world-wide body of Christ.  To him we are all equal!  It makes no difference how rich or poor we are or how obscure or famous we are. As Christians we are all His children.  He has forgiven us of all our sins and made us to be new creatures in Christ Jesus.  This is no joke because He said in 2Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”  Praise God, I am so thankful that my old sinful life has passed away and Christ has given me a new start!  I am blessed beyond measure today so I have made plans to be happy every minute of this Thanksgiving Day.  If you are a Christian I suggest that you make this day a Thanksgiving Day too because you have much to be thankful for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment