Saturday, September 20, 2014

Be a “Happy Musician”

Be a “Happy Musician”
             Psalm 100:1-2 instructs the Christian musician to “Make a joyful shout to the LORD, all you lands! Serve the LORD with gladness; Come before His presence with singing.” (NKJV)  Do you ever wonder why the Lord told musicians to be happy?  It must be that we often have trouble rejoicing.  He not only instructed musicians to be joyful but also very explicitly commands them to shout (ruah 7321) out these praises with joy.  I think our all wise heavenly Father wanted us to drown out Satan’s accusing voice by coming into god’s presence with joyful shouts of musical praise.  I know for sure that I cannot hear God’s still small voice (I Kings 19:12) when Satan is whispering “gloom and doom” in both of my ears.
            God also instructed Christians all over the earth (erets 776) to serve Him with gladness.  Strong’s Concordance says that the word simchah (8057) means to serve Jehovah with “blithesomeness or glee, exceeding gladness, joy, mirth, pleasure, rejoice(-ing).”  Wow, I needed that admonition this morning because I got up at 3:30 AM because I couldn’t sleep.  So, I am purposing in my heart to be happy today.  It would be a good idea if you would also decide to be happy in the Lord.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment