Friday, July 25, 2014

Venting Our Joy through Our Musicing


Venting Our Joy through Our Musicing
Psalm 28:7 says, “The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.” Charles Spurgeon wrote in his Treasury of David,  “A song is the soul's fittest method of giving vent to its happiness, it were well if we were more like the singing lark, and less like the croaking raven. When the heart is glowing, the lips should not be silent.  When God blesses us, we should bless him with all our heart.”  Christian musicians often vent their feelings when they are not happy, but they need to also vent their happiness in serving Jesus Christ. 
            Psychologists tell us that it is a good thing to give vent to one’s negative feelings.  This is probably the truth, bit I contend that it is much more important for them to express outwardly through their musicing their joy in serving Jesus Christ.  Christian musician have you expressed your joy in serving the Lord lately?  I do not mean did you sung lately, but rather was your musicing a genuine expression of love to God?  I suggest that you take time right now to bless the Lord with a song of praise.  It would be a good thing to let Satan know exactly where you stand and whose side you are on at this very moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment