Saturday, April 28, 2018

The Place Where Your Honor Dwells


The Place Where Your Honor Dwells
Psalm 26:4-8, “I have not sat with lying men, neither will I go in with hypocrites.  I have hated the congregation of evil-doers, and will not sit with the wicked.  I will wash my hands in innocency; so I will go around Your altar, O LORD, so that I may cry out with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all Your wonderful works.  LORD, I have loved the dwelling place of Your house, and the place where Your honor dwells.” MKJV 
            Christian musicians sometimes hang around others who do not love and serve the Lord. Just as damaging is a close association with a person (or persons) who claim to love God but sadly their actions, attitudes and conversations are constantly negative.  I have made it a habit to avoid those who are always bad mouthing my pastor.  He may make mistakes because he is human but he is God’s anointed.  God has placed him as my pastor because I need to have my soul fed and I need to have a shepherd who will dig around my vine quite often. 
            So what is the point of that this little short rant and raving post?  I will be the one who will be hurt if I hang around the “congregation of evil-doers or those who are always finding fault with my pastor.  My Bible tells me to wash my hands of those two crowds of people.  If that means that at times I will have to be a hermit—then so be it!  The one thing that I must do is make sure that I avail myself of the means of grace, like prayer and Bible reading and I must not fail to go to church which is God’s dwelling place.  That is the main place where I get my soul fed and where I receive instruction in righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment