Friday, April 20, 2018

Take Advice from God Who Does Not Slumber or Sleep


Take Advice from God Who Does Not Slumber or Sleep  
Psalm 121:1-3, “A Song of degrees.  I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.  My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.”  
           I am drawn to the Psalmist’s words “I will lift up mine eyes…”  I have been around several people in my life time that did almost everything else when trouble came, but they did not lift up their eyes.  As a matter of fact they seemed to be looking down most of the time, and when they weren’t looking down they were looking around at others.  
            The Psalmist, under Divine inspiration, teaches those that love and serve YHVH to look up to the self-existent eternal God who is. Which way are you looking?  Do you have your eyes focused unto the hills or are they focused on the muck and filth of this world.  When trouble comes do you looking up where your help comes from or are you looking at those who never say anything good about anyone.  Te psalmist said very clearly, “My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth…”  I suggest that you take advice from the only sure source of help from God because, “He will not suffer thy foot to be moved…”   
Prayer for the Day  
Lord I am coming to you with confidence because You do not go to sleep while I am talking to You.  Thank You for promising that You will not allow Satan or anyone else to move my foot or any part of me for that matter.  I am asking you to help me to look up at the hills that You have made that are there as a reminder to all of your Christian musicians that real help comes from You who created them.  Help me to realize that You have strength for me to meet whatever troubles may face me today.  I want to thank You in advance that you will also take care of me tomorrow.  This I pray with confidence today.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment