Saturday, April 14, 2018

My Background


My Background    
            I grew up with my older sister Virginia, and two older brothers,
David and Nathan. When I was a little boy our family was very poor
but our parents always put us first. My brothers and I always went to
school with starched jeans and spotlessly clean clothes. We always
had plenty to eat and the very best of what our parents possessed.
Since we always had what we needed, we did not know how really
poor we were. Dad worked on the farm and off of the farm as a
painter and carpenter. My mother worked at the hospital as a nurse’s
aide, and later after we were raised, she went back to college and
became a licensed practical nurse.
            My first memories of going to church include my mother practicing
songs with me and praying with me, and the preacher lifting
me up on a chair behind the pulpit to sing special music about
Jesus. I have told you all this to remind all of you Christian parents
that your children’s musical training really matters. No matter what
you have or do not have the things that matter are not “things”.
Whatever it takes, make sure that your children receive a quality
music education and that you provide them opportunities to give their
musical talents back to the God who gave them to your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment