Thursday, April 26, 2018

I’m a Servant Who Has Been Forgiven


I’m a Servant Who Has Been Forgiven
Ephesians 2:1-9, “And you did he make alive, when ye were dead through your trespasses and sins, wherein ye once walked according to the course of this world… we also all once lived in the lust of our flesh, doing the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest:-- but God, being rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, even when we were dead through our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ… for by grace have ye been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not of works, that no man should glory.” ASV
                The portions of verses one through nine quoted above explain to all Christian musicians who we were and who we are because of God’s love and grace.  We were dead and are now alive because Christ has forgiven us from trespasses and sins.  This has become a reality in our lives because Christ has saved us by His grace.   The phrase” the course (aion 165) of this world (kosmos 2889)” used in verse two makes it clear that we were all bound to the system of this word and therefore were slaves to “doing the desires of the flesh and of the mind”.  
               No one is capable of breaking the power of sin without the grace of God being applied to his or heart.  This freedom from being a slave to trespassing against God and is “not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not of works, that no man should glory.”  Being made free from the grip of sin is truly a divine work wrot upon the heart ad life of the Christian musician.  From my personal experience I know that I was dead in trespasses and sins and that I only have forgiveness and freedom from the power because of the unmerited favor of Christ Jesus.  Therefore, I do not have anything to brag about when it comes to who I was when Christ found me under the bondage and load of sin.  I have given up the sense of ownership of my life and my musicing because am Christ’s servant and as a servant I have responsibilities rather than rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment