Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Staying Off of the Exit Ramps-part 1


Staying Off of the Exit Ramps-part 1   

       God has given you good health and the energy and ability to serve him out there where the “rubber hits the pavement.”  However, learn early on that you are human.  You are finite. Your own human power is limited! Name yourself, Mikroteros Dunamis, Little Strength. Remember that it is God who has unlimited power. He, who is true and just , is the God of big miraculous power. The miraculous power of the apostles to witness as recorded in Acts 4:33, was not their own power, but it was the dunamis given to them by the Holy Spirit. Remember, musicians, “When we reach the end of our hoarded resources, when our strength has failed ere the day is half done, He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.

       This little illustration I leave with you today.   A few years ago, I was mowing the lawn and my daughter Deanna brought David and Sarah’s oldest son out to ride the mower with me. He sat down between by legs and we made a round or two.  Then I placed one of his little hands on the steering wheel, then the other little chubby hand on the wheel.  Next, I placed my hands over his and we made a round or two.  Then I took one of my hands off, then the other, and he was steering the mower. Every now and then, he would get a little off course and my hands were instantly right there to bring the mower back on course.


No comments:

Post a Comment