Saturday, November 28, 2015

They Were Not Thankful

They Were Not Thankful

Romans 1:21, “Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.”

            This is a month of harvest and thanksgiving. Today when I read this verse it stood out to me as it never had previously.  These people were said to know God but were a people who were not thankful.  It is possible that in the busyness of our musical ministry we can get grumpy and fail to be thankful for all the many blessing that our heavenly Gather has bestowed upon us.
            Also, I noticed that they “became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.”  Some Christian musicians are prone to not only know what is wrong with everyone else, but also to constantly imagine negative things that may or may not be completely true.  What came next?  The Bible says that their foolish hearts were darkened.  I looked up the word darkened (skotizo 4654) and guess what, it means?  It means that that their hearts or imaginations became shadowed or dark.  I do not want to let any negative thought to cause my thoughts to darken or obscure the spiritual light that God has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment