Monday, April 22, 2013

Spiritual Horticulture of the Musician Part 8


                                                What is the Christian musician like? Part 8 
       I often think about what heaven will be like.  I used to think that I would live almost forever.  However, when my cardiologist placed three pieces of stainless steel in the lower descending dorsal of my heart, I began to think much more about heaven. I was reading some time ago in the Revelation of St. John the Divine where I came across these verses in chapter22:1-2, “And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the lamb.  In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bear twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.”
       When I read and re-read these verses I realized that there was so much imagery here and that the meaning of this explanation was very vague to me, I was almost overwhelmed with wonder and awe.  I do know this much, however, I do not want to miss heaven.  I know that God has very clearly told us that a blessed Christian is like a tree.  I also know that he has planted me beside His living water down here on earth so that He can sustain me spiritually so that I can make it into heaven.  I now know that when I get there by his blessed mercy and grace I will be able to see the marvelous and glorious things that he has prepared for his children. 
       I now know that one of the things that God has prepared for us is-- wouldn’t you know it-- a tree!!!  One of these trees has been placed on each side of the crystal clear river of life.  These marvelous trees bear twelve kinds of fruit.  I do not know which kinds of fruits it bears and I really don’t care because they will all taste good.  You see, they are good fruits.  They will be found in abundance because God’s trees bear fruit every month.
        Now get this, even the leaves of this tree taste good.  I know that they taste good because their spiritual chlorophyll is made sweet by the making of the sweet sugars when their vascular system continuously brings the crystal pure and clear water of the river of life up to the light radiating from the Lamb of God.  Praise God, my soul is blessed when I think about what the wise and wonderful Spiritual Horticulturist has prepared for his blessed children who are like trees.  Finally, I know why these leaves are good.  They are for our healing.  These leaves are not like many of our medicines down here on earth.  You see these leaves will actually cure everything that needs to be cured.  This divine medicine is an eternal cure for all who make it inside the city of God.  I want to say again, I do not want to miss heaven.  More and more I am determined to stay planted and keep tasting advantage of good’s living water, light and sugars.

No comments:

Post a Comment