Thursday, February 18, 2016

Thought for the Day

Thought for the Day          
           Christian musicians must get rid of the sense of the ownership of music and musicing.  If a Christian owns music he or she is truly an autonomous musician.  If I own music it is my music!  I have rights concerning music because it is mine.  If my music and the way I music is mine then I have rights when it comes to my music.  Since it is my music and my music ministry, I have the right to tell you that you are out of step with my musicing and If you do not like it you probably should worship somewhere else where you would be more comfortable with a church that utilizes an antique, out of step with reality, style of worship.  However if I am a servant musician I don’t have any rights I only have responsibilities when it comes to the music I utilize in our worship.  I am here to serve in the spirt of sharath (8334)—I chronicles 8:14, 23:6-- i.e. it is my responsibility to music in the spirit of humility as though I was a menial worshiper although I am a chief musician.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment