Sunday, February 14, 2016

Thinking about Love on Valentine’s Day

Thinking about Love on Valentine’s Day
Song of Solomon 1:15, “Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes.”
            Today is Valentine’s Day.  I want to take this opportunity to thank God for my valentine Shelia Marie Parsons Wolf.  The other night our family went out to eat and my wife wore a new outfit that I had purchased for her.  She reminded me of the Scripture above, “Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes.”  I was proud of her she looked so nice!  I do not deserve to have such a queen as my wife and the mother of our children, but I thank God for her today. If you are married, this would be a good day to thank God for the special one in your life.  
            There are different kinds of love mentioned in God’s Word.  Today would be a good time to do some word study of love mentioned in the Bible.   To some people love for other individuals is just a theory.  Let me let you in on a secret—God is in favor of love.  Jesus said in John 13:34, “A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.”  To show us just how passionate God feels about love His Word says in 1John 4:7, “Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.” Also,1Pe 1:22 states, Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:”   So, take this day and be thankful for those in your life that love you and be sure that you also love others.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment