Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Joy of the Lord is Our Strength Part 4

The Joy of the Lord is Our Strength Part 4

We have been discussing how the Christian can have joy during times of difficulty.  So far, we have mentioned several Scriptures that remind us that God will take care of us and give us true joy if we will praise Him.  You may ask, how often should I praise God?  Psalm 34:1-3 tells us:
Vs. 1    I will praise the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
Now listen to verse two:
Vs. 2    My soul shall make her boast [1984, halal, to be clear, to shine, hence to make a show, to boast, and thus be clamorously foolish, to celebrate, sing praise.] in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.
            Vs. 3    O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.
Some of you are probably already thinking, “Oh no, I couldn’t do that.  I’m just not that way.”  On the authority of God’s word I tell you that you can boast in the Lord.  You can be so clear, so clean, so filled with the joy of the LORD that you may act a little foolish to others.  Christians have the right to celebrate God to be clamorously foolish so to speak, to sing the high praises of God until the humble [6041, the depressed in mind the needy, the afflicted] will see and hear you and as the Scripture says shall be glad.
            If you will obey God, with His help you can turn the Sunday morning sad hour into a glad hour.  You can be the catalyst to admonish the congregation, “O Magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.”  If you feel like you just are not that way then I say to you – Get that way, because it is taught in the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment